Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

I can hardly believe Christmas is here and soon to be a distant memory.  It has been nice this year, I was able to get all the shopping, sending out and getting ready, early this year.  If I hadn't done the majority of the shopping early I'm sure it would have been a struggle and miserable.  I came down with a terrible sinus and ear infection, beginning of December. Both kids have been suffering from a similar illnesses too. But I think we are finally getting better.

We had tons of fun this past month, I'll try to highlight it all, the best I can.
The first part of December Ian had a school performance, the kindergarten class sang during the school's festival. Ian did pretty well, there were about 6 songs they sang, there were a few a wouldn't be able to remember all the words or hand motions, but they did a fantastic job!

just waiting around until the big show

Ian LOVED singing the Dreidal song, who would have known?

Rudolph the red nose reindeer!!!!





 After Ian's school performance we headed out to get our tree, Daddy wanted to go right after Thanksgiving, but with everyone sick, I decided to postpone, since I doubt anyone would have enjoyed it.


Is this the one???

All decorated...via the kids, that's why most of them are at their level

Ziggy found himself a nice place to spend Christmas
 Some time around Thanksgiving, we found a kit to do gingerbread houses...a while village. one of those good ideas/bad ideas.  Who knew they were so tiny, we just wanted everyone to be able to decorate their own.  It was highly stressful for myself, I had to try to get them together, and most of them were odd shaped, non-traditional houses.  Next year, I doubt we'll do that again!  The kids were anxious to do it since we got them.  They had fun...and asked a zillion times for licks of frosting and nibbles of candy. 



Ian's little cottage, he even made a lake made out of blue sprinkles

Megan's little house

mommy's church


Daddy about ready to let sissy have a lick


We'll save the rest of the holiday festivities for another post...need some pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment