Friday, May 21, 2010

May happenings

May is just going by so quickly...so many things have been going on, and the weather has been so nice that i have been rather lazy about posting it all.
I have about 3 weekends to cover here, lots of pictures and events to go through, please stay with me.
First we were able to get 2 fruit trees...an Gala apple and an Elephant heart plum.  

 My boys planting a tree
The next day was Mother's Day...with a few hiccups here and there, we made it to church with a few minutes to spare. Then headed to Nono's Cafe for my Mother's Day breakfast.  Ahh, it was so yummy, i had a breakfast burrito that was topped with cheese and country sausage gravy...sound weird but it is GOOD.  Everyone else had french toast...with bites of mine. 

Mother's Day-eating at Nono's Cafe

My kids had several homemade goodies for me (and they were all free for us to do). First ones made the last weekend of April at Michael's, we were actually unaware of this activity when we went in.  The kids (and mom and dad) made these foamy/play dough like magnets.
The first weekend of May was HomeDepot's craft. That one was my favorite one...while i looked at trees and other garden stuff, Paul and the kids put together these cute planters for me.   Later on, the kids picked some flowers to plant in them.  


My mother's day magnets the kids made for me at Michael's craft store, the top one is Megan's and the bottom one is Ian's.


 the flower planters the kids made at HomeDepot


boys couch, Daddy, Ian and Ziggy

The day after Mother's Day, both kids ended up getting sick. I was feeling not so well myself, but probably from the lack of sleep. Megan had it first, she woke up in the middle of the night (why is it always in the middle of the night?) with a fever of 102-103. The next day Ian wasn't feeling too spry himself. I spent the day alternating Motrin and Tylenol and applying cold washcloths to feverish foreheads .  No other real symptoms appeared. I kept checking for signs of strep, Neither of them ever complained for sore throats.
I did have a problem with Megan wetting her bed a few times...most likely from all the fluids i kept pushing. 
The illness didn't last too long, and the want to get up and play was keeping them from resting.  To top things off we had another quick snow storm. Which had me worried about our newly planted trees and newly leafed out Maple in the front yard. If you could only see me in my fuzzy pink bathrobe and snow boots trying to shake off snow from our trees. 
my poor sick baby girl
my kids feeling better...Sullivan's to the core. Olives on the fingers, nothing...now cherries that is something




The following weekend, all of us were wanting to go outside and get some fresh air. It was nice to have such a warm sunny day to enjoy. We washed the car, then headed back to the Littleton Museum, they were having a Spring Planting activity...not knowing what exactly to expect we headed there to enjoy the "Dry" weather.  Megan and I got things ready to have lunch outside...the boys joined us later on.  Sometimes it is just nice to enjoy ourselves in our own house/backyard.


Megan enjoying our picnic outside


Paul(with Ian's help) surprised us all with his culinary expertise in making red, white and blue jello parfaits. They were as good as they looked. 

During the end of April and into May, my parents went on this looong cruise through the Panama Canal...when they got back to Grover....we were so happy to have Grammy back on web chats. Plus we got to look forward to all the goodies .
Arrrg Matey. Pirate Megan.

One of the things from Gram and Pop's trip that Megan loves and asks to wear everyday.  Thanks Grammy and Pop for all the nice treats.

The rest of May will probably be spent outdoors, getting our veggie garden planted and maybe some more landscaping done.  We are supposed to have temps into the 80's this weekend. Hello summer, welcome back, oh how we missed you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment