Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Summer 2010 Recap

Ok...so I've been quite the slacker in regards to posting blogs.  Anyhow...where was I?  Oh yeah, I think I'm still in July, hee hee, I think I'm in denial about Summer being over and Fall in full swing. 
A quick recap...we arrived at my brother Sean's house, enjoyed 4th of July,  then we headed to Ohio for a few days to visit some old friends, then back to my brother's house for that extra bit of hugs, kisses and giggles from Abby and TJ.  Let me tell you, not sure who it was harder on, me or the kids to say goodbye to Uncle Sean and Aunt Liz. Megan cried that she needed to go back to see Uncle Sean. But, we had to get home, Ziggy was needing us to be home, he missed us. Luckily, we had the prospect of seeing the St Louis Arch again to look forward to.  This time we got to actually ride up to the top of it.  Let me tell you, it is magnificent!
We also stopped off to see the Eisenhower Library in Kansas.  Here are some pictures highlighting these events. Sorry it took forever...

Running around after hours of being in the car

artsy view of the arch

yep, you have to touch the arch...and yes it gets super hot

okay, now look at mommy

view from the car

who knew it is taller than the Spaceneedle

this is a replica of what you ride up in to the top...it was rather scary for myself, but the kids LOVED it

Where President Eisenhower, his wife and their infant son are buried


the Eisenhower home, where the President and all of his brothers lived (I think there were 5 boys) I'm amazed the house is still intact

Eisenhower family home


No comments:

Post a Comment