Friday, May 6, 2011

George and Gracie

For about a month or so we've have had a pair of ducks come in our backyard to graze, not sure how we got chose but i've been enjoying the mallards. Since ducks are monogamous creatures and since they've been coming morning and night for a while, and since it is just who I am...I named them.
Meet George and Gracie Duckburns...trust me, Gracie, well she acts just like the real Gracie Allen!!
It is really difficult to get a great shot of them

walking up hill

Eating near the kids mud pies they made
The other night George gave me quite the scare, for some reason he decided he was going to fly right into our glass door...there was a tiny spot of blood on our deck, but he flew off, later on he did return. (seriously, i worry about my ducks!)  Then last night no show, just Gracie...but tonight he came, WHEW!!!  Gracie must have had a lovers quarrel. Paul thinks i'm nuts, but I love my ducks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment