Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ian's tooth

Over the weekend Ian lost his first tooth.  This little tooth (his first one to get at the tender age of 10months) has been loose for quite a while.  Just this past week or so, we had noticed that his adult tooth was already popping up behind it, so we really needed him to get busy and pop that sucker out. The problem....Ian was terribly upset over it hurting.  So I got some tooth numbing medication and some gauze to help grasp it.
I noticed on Friday (during our nightly inspection of the tooth) and told him that I would bet money that it was going to come out at some point during the weekend. 
While at JoAnn's I found a little tooth fairy pillow kit for him to assemble and perhaps give him incentive to start wiggling in earnest. He did begin to use his tongue to start pushing it...the little tooth was totally crooked.  Finally after church, I applied the numbing medicine and told him I wanted him to lie on my lap and I would give just one try.  Well, he started to give a major fuss, but I had managed to get a hold on it, he jerked his head, and I noticed I was holding the tooth and he was still crying!!!  I told him that his tooth was out...I do believe he was in shock.  He continued to cry because he was now bleeding...that that soon stopped and realization set in.  His first tooth was finally out and he was ready to have a visit from the tooth fairy. 
The tooth fairy was quite generous and gave him a whole dollar bill!

Before-tooth still hanging on...barely 

just needing a good yank!

Finally out...and the new tooth already popping up

A new smile!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ian! And now begin the years of an ever-changing smile. :)

    ReplyDelete