Monday, May 23, 2011

Kindergarten class of 2011

Today was Ian's kindergarten graduation. Having a graduation ceremony for kindergarten is a new concept to me, but having a little guy who is just finishing up his first year of school....I needed it.  I needed to say good-bye to a few mommy friends who are not returning to Arrowwood next year.  I'm sure this was a bigger deal to the parents than the kids.  The whole gym was filled to the brim with parents and extended families...and I didn't get the e-mail saying that they upped the graduation time from 9:30 to 9:10. So Paul missed the procession...and I missed taping it since I was a dork and couldn't figure out the record button in time. (Yet another horrible mommy moment I get to live with)
But I did see and will forever remember seeing the joy in his face when he saw me as he walked by.
Paul did make it and was able to tape the more important parts of the ceremony....so I sat there and enjoyed the moment.  I was too far back to take any decent still shots of him, I did sneak up to the side (like a lot of other parents) to snap him going up to his teacher and telling what he wants to be when he grows up.
My little graduate...not the best picture of me


Ian with one of his buddies

Last day of school pose

Graduation-little stinker talking in line

Ian...what do you want to be when you grow up?

"A space man" (there were also lots of boys wanting to be ninjas)

Ian with Mrs Hausmann...the lady who jump started Ian's education

Party time

Ian with his daddy

the mommies!!  we met the first day of school, and have been meeting at drop off/pick up ever since

walking out-now a 1st grader

the sons of the mommies

where did logan go???



I thought I was sad when I dropped Ian off 9 months ago, but today I was just a tad sadder today...he is growing up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. As I look at all the pictures of our special little guys, I am so grateful for them. If not for them, we would not have been brought together! Congrats to Ian (and to mommy and daddy too for doing such a good job with him!)

    ReplyDelete