Monday, August 15, 2011

summer vacation part 2-the wedding

The reason for our whole trip wasn't just to have some epic fun with my side of the family. It was the wedding of my baby cousin, karissa to her long time boy friend, jake. It was on a Friday evening, it was BLAZING hot.  This just so happened to have been the first time I saw first-hand part of my nephew's Horner's syndrome in action.  Poor little guy only sweats on one side of his face.  We all were hot, the girls entertained themselves with collecting the yellow rose petals from the aisle and re-tossing them.  I guess they really wanted to be "honorary" flower girls.  They also loved seeing "the princess" aka my cousin the bride.
The wedding ceremony and reception couldn't have been more personalized and suited to them, in fact I almost felt like I was intruding on a personal moment.  They were a stunning couple....but we had to go all too soon, it was nearing 9pm and no cake cutting (the kids were totally eying the cupcake tower)  but we had some seriously over tired kids to tend to and an early morning trip down to Disneyland!!!.
Now some pictures!
My uncle Paul, my cousin Karissa and her step dad Walt


sharing a tender moment with each other and God

you may now kiss the bride!!

Mr and Mrs Jake Yeager

The Tom Sullivan table

Ian...always enjoying himself

me...better behind the camera than in front

hubs...and apparently either my dad or my brother just shocked the heck out of my mom

Abby and Megan entertaining themselves

My parents with their god daughter the blushing bride

what?!?doesn't everyone run around during a wedding? that's what they get for not allowing our table to get food sooner!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment