Tuesday, August 16, 2011

summer vacation part 3-disneyland

Well what else to do while in California...duh!! Disneyland.  But let me get this correct, I much, MUCH prefer the happiest place on Earth, in late September..early October.  However, when you have a super awesome deal via the military and you have parts of your family who have never stepped on enchanted Disney soil, then you have to sacrifice.   Yes, those who were new to Disneyland were my lovely sis-in-law Elizabeth and her 2 little ones.  My brother Sean actually was new to California Adventure.  I love to see the amazement of new-ness in others eyes.  
Since we were very close to Father's Day, and it would be celebrated at Disneyland, what special thing to do??  Eat at the Blue Bayou and order Monte Cristo sammies.
We all stayed at the same place and walked to the big D...trying to save some moola, we opted not to stay at the resort (i was sad, but for the amount of time spent at the actual hotel, no loss really)
I have one special thing that happened during that trip....I have a little nephew who adores me. I took him on fun rides.  I love that little guy...and his little sister has a special place of her own in my heart. I just wished we lived closer.
Highlights of the trip were the new Star Tours, in fact when Paul and Ian took Sean, Liz and Abby for their first time, Abby was the chosen "spy". Megan was able to ride the more grown up rides, Space Mt wasn't one of her favorites though.


Star Tours

Megan with her Minnie Mouse ears she had to have


TJ and Abby near Mr Toad's wild ride

Ian being the driver

Tea cups!!!


I took TJ for his first flight on the Dumbo ride

waiting for the train to come

Love ya cuz

Ian doing what he does best...being silly

Thanks bro...I owe you one

TRON!!! Ian nearly peed himself when he saw this



the uber long line for Space Mt-not so good for two 4-yr old girls

Ian's R2-D2 ears...Paul has a matching pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment