Monday, August 15, 2011

summer vacation part 1

Okay, so we get to play catch up on the summer...not sure how many posts it will take to get it all out, but i'll get it done.
I still cannot believe the summer is gone, I last left off at Ian's graduation from kindergarten all the way back in May.  We have had a seriously busy summer.
First, in June we had our drive trip to California for my cousin's wedding.  It took us 2 days to drive out.  The drive out to California through Utah, Nevada, Arizona is BORING!!!!   The rest stops do not compare to the ones back east.  Okay let me rephrase that, they have NO rest stops, they have "vista points." Dear Utah, take a lesson from the midwest.
 Anyhow, to say the kids were excited to see Grammy and Pop-pop would be an understatement.  We weren't even out of our own town and we got "are we there yet?"  and  tons of questions of sleeping arrangements at Grammy's house.
Once at my parents house we had one day with just us and them, and then my brother Sean and his family came in...that was lots of fun.  We had tons of playing a few trips to In and Out, some trips to the ocean, a visit to Avila Valley Barn and of course SLO's Farmer's Market.  Here are some pictures of a few of our outings.

chasing Ian with some sea weed


Busy collecting sand dollars

resting and trying to dry off.

the cousins, Megan, Abby, Ian and TJ


picked our own peaches

TJ!!!!

hanging out at Dinosaur Caves


tractor ride to pick our own fruit

me and my girl


not sure what this is about, but it was too funny not to share


No comments:

Post a Comment